Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Great Sunday


Since we only had Sunday off this week (boo 66 hour work weeks) we decided to make the most of it. We got up this morning and went to the Dragon Hill Spa in Yongsan, near the electronics market. It is a famous Korean spa in Seoul. For only 12,000 won (or $10.30) you pay for entry into all of the spas, saunas, steam rooms and pools. I decided to indulge, and for an extra $50 I got a wet salt scrub, aromatherapy body scrub, a one hour long full body oil massage, cold cream mask, cucumber mask, shampoo and deep conditioning for my hair. It was pretty nice, I must admit, even though the masseuse took pleasure in beating my muscles into a pulp. My skin is silky soft and smooth and my face feels great. My hair felt pretty good today too, I was very satisfied. It was nice to feel so pampered and it was even better to know that what would have cost me hundreds of dollars in the States was completely affordable in Korea. Nick enjoyed the steam rooms, the hot and cold baths, and the sauna - we both spent a relaxing few hours at Dragon Hill and plan on going back in the future.

After our wonderful experience at the spa we were starving and went to Itaewon to try an Arabian buffet that had been recommended to us by our friend and coworker - the same coworker who told us about the spa, the all-you-can-eat tuna buffet, and other fantastic restaurants we have tried - and we were most happy once again with his recommendation. We gorged on all-you-can-eat cucmber salad, delicious hummus and babaganoosh, falafel, lentil soup, moussaka and lamb with mushrooms and potatoes. Plus many more things, haha. The restaurant finished our late lunch off with full tea service. The red tea was fantastic and perfect on a cold day like today.


Fully satisfied and feeling good, we ventured out onto the streets to complete our Christmas shopping. We perused countless shops in Itaewon and then later Insadong and managed to get everything we needed/wanted for everybody! We will be mailing our packages on Tuesday, we are so excited for our families to get their gifts. I'm not going to spill on what we got everyone but we spent a lot of time and thought getting together fun, unique presents for everyone. I spoke with my parents this morning and they let me know packages are coming our way, too. We are excited to receive packages! It will take a few weeks for all the packages to get to their final destinations, but we are pretty confident that everything will arrive in its proper place by December 25th. It should be a good Christmas!

This week will thankfully be our last 6 day work week. Tomorrow should be fun for me as my kindergarten kiddies will be performing plays that they have been working on for the past month. They've made cute masks and everything for their theme - "The Day the Animals Escaped from the Zoo". We'll have two plays to present, I am excited to see them do their best. Nick is only looking forward to having this week done and getting our weekends back, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment