Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Pepero Day!


Holy Chocolate Cookie Sticks!


Today is Pepero Day in Korea. Apparently 11/11 is a lucky day. And the Koreans celebrate this lucky day by giving Pepero cookies to each other. Well, technically the boys are supposed to give the girls Pepero cookies. But in school ALL the children brought Pepero cookies.


Pepero cookies are like Pocky cookies. They are long thin biscuit cookies that have been dipped in chocolate. Some have almonds or hazelnut or macedamia bits mixed into the chocolate. Some are small, some are big, and some are GIGANTIC.


Nick and I got a lot of Pepero cookies. A TON. We have enough Pepero cookies to eat until 2010. By the end of the day I was giving away Pepero cookie boxes that I had been given because I simply had too many to fit into my giant black purse. Nick left school with his pockets stuffed full of boxes of cookies.


Happy Pepero Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment