Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kindergarteners Hard at Work

Today I thought I would share some of my kindergarten kids hard at work. They graduate in a few short weeks. We are busy writing graduation speeches and as I mentioned earlier research papers - yes, research papers in Kindergarten! They wrote papers and built mobiles about animals. Each child chose an animal and together we gathered information and then wrote paragraphs. I brought the class into the computer room one day and they used National Geographic Kids to look at pictures, read about their animals and play games. Then I printed fact sheets for them to write their papers. They had to write paragraphs on interesting facts about their animal, the animal's habitat, what they eat, and information about their babies. Here are some pictures of the finished mobiles that we hung on the wall.


I am going to miss having them everyday. They are such bright children. At the same time, I am also looking forward to having new children and a new class to teach and fall in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment