Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Gorgeous Day Off!!

Happy Children's Day!

Here in Korea, May 5th is a holiday celebrating children. Basically, it is a second Christmas for all kids in the sense that they don't have to go to school and their parents get them presents. We aren't sure if it's the most consumerism-driven holiday we've ever heard of or if the Korean triple threat of Valentine's Day, White Day and Black Day wins. Either way, we're very happy to celebrate it with a gorgeous Wednesday off of work!!

Nick and I split up today to each take some time doing things we enjoy. Nick went gadget hunting with some friends in Yongsan and then they relaxed with a beer by the Han River. While that sounds really nice, I had something more important to do.

I shopped.

And it was a great shopping day. All sorts of sales were everywhere due to the holiday. I hit up some of my favorite stores and bought some much needed smaller sizes and spring/summer wear. I also got shoes, a matching purse, and some fun jewelry. I was excited to see that I was fitting into such small sizes and I'm really happy seeing the results of our intense daily workouts. It made me feel good and more motivated to continue the workouts and devote myself to a healthier lifestyle. :)

All in all we both had a great day. We met up again in the evening for our workout (plus cardio ab session, ouuuuch) and then I whipped us up some butter chicken for dinner. It makes us happy that we only have two days of work until the weekend, this was such a wonderful midweek break! Thanks, kids!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment