Sunday, May 9, 2010

My 25th Birthday Party!


What a night!

Last night we celebrated my 25th birthday, which is fast approaching tomorrow! All of the English teachers and some of our friends got together and we went to Hongdae for some delicious Indian food. We had reservations at Shanti Indian Restaurant; it was a FANTASTIC place! We didn't take lots of pictures during dinner since we were so busy stuffing ourselves with the amazing food, but I pulled some pictures of their food off their website.


We ate family style, each of us picking out a few dishes and then sharing with everyone. I wasn't disappointed by anything I tried - in fact, I LOVED everything I tried! We had big, overstuffed samosas and perfectly fried vegetable fritters. We sampled the tandoori chicken and savored the spiciness of the smoked chicken. We inhaled the lamb vindaloo, the chicken tikka masala, the palak paneer, the shrimp curry, the chicken makhini...we had so much great tasting food! Of course, all of it was piled high on HUGE slabs of tasty garlic naan.


I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting some yummy Indian cuisine. It was up near the University on the second floor of some random building, but according to their website they have three locations in Hongdae. Nick and I will definitely be going back. If anyone wants to check out the place, we went to the third Shanti, which you can look at on their website: http://www.shantifood.com/

After such an awesome dinner, we all headed over to Papa Gorilla's, a bar that has some disastrously good deals. Some more friends joined us and we had a good party. It was a lot of fun.


Today we are taking it easy. Nick's been amazing and did the laundry AND cooked me dinner. I feel like such a lucky girl :) I spent the late evening talking to my mom for Mother's Day - we get to talk to Nick's mom in the morning, we're both so happy to get the chance to talk to our moms - WE MISS THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment