Saturday, May 29, 2010

Great News and Rainbow Bar in Gangnam

My mom and dad are coming to Korea this week! It's such a surprise!!!! They just called me and let me know that my dad has business in Seoul and they are both coming! I am beyond excited.

The best news is, I get to pick up my wedding dress with my mom. I cannot wait for her to see it - I've wanted her to be a part of the process so badly, and now she gets that chance.

I'm sad that my siblings can't come too, but it will still be beyond nice to see my mom and dad. Nick and I can't wait to show them around our home! They get here on Friday - I can hardly wait! It will sure be a busy time though...our other buddies come on Saturday next week. We'll just have to sacrifice sleeping to make time for everyone, haha...sigh.


Nader leaves tomorrow. We've had a lot of fun with him this week. Tonight we went to Gangnam to try out a few new places. We had dinner in Hwajung and then hopped onto the subway to ride it alllll the way down and across the river. Gangnam is near a lot of wealthy areas. It has a good crowd of people and lots of places to go and see. Rainbow Bar was our destination - a hippie bar with hookah and some super comfy pillows to rest on. Black lights and tapestries cluttered the ceilings. Prayer flags and old photographs from all over the world adorned the walls. It was a place that made me feel like I was back in San Francisco. They had lots of specialty drinks and I enjoyed their "Monkey Special" which was a banana rum drink. Yum. We checked out a few other places and then headed back at a respectable hour since Nader has an early flight tomorrow. It's been a lot of fun having him here, and we will miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment