Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Is Coming!

Last night we set up our little tree and today we put up Christmas lights in our windows...we are the only people in our entire building to have lights in our windows (we went outside and checked), but we are proud of them!


We were incredibly happy to FINALLY have a Saturday off. We did nothing special. We mostly stayed inside out of the cold and watched movies. It was glorious. I was especially happy to rest up since I had been under the weather all week. Nick did get to experience his first snowfall in Seoul though when he went to Yongsan to drop off his laptop to get fixed. Maybe it will snow in Hwajung soon. :)

I was sick with tonsillitis - the long work hours and the cold finally caught up with me. I got to experience a South Korean Doctor's visit on Tuesday since I was soooo sick. I left work with a 102 fever. I waited in the Doctor's office for around 15 minutes and then met with a doctor. She checked me out, diagnosed me, gave me a prescription to fill and then sent me to the "Injection Room". I was given a shot in my rear by a nice nurse in a beige and pink plaid uniform who spoke no English. They gave me a letter for work stating I had to go home and rest, and then the whopping 4000 won bill. 4000 won? That's it? That's around $3.47. I handed them my money and went downstairs to the pharmacy. I handed them my prescription slip and they handed me not one, not two...but six prescriptions and charged me. Oh dear, another 3000 won. For six prescriptions. My entire doctor's visit, injection, and prescriptions cost me less than $7.00. Thank you, South Korean Health Insurance, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment