Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Big Apple


After a quick visit to Pittsburgh to visit Aunt Thommie we went to New York City, the last leg of our trip across country. Aunt Thommie is well, she took us to "a nice Italian place"...Olive Garden, haha. It was great to see her, she was very happy to meet Nick and see me again.

We stayed with our wonderful friends Monica and Rico again (we visited them in October and had an amazing time so our expectations were high), they live in the Upper East Side and we were not disappointed, they are great company and we had a blast. We arrived Tuesday night and grabbed some great NY pizza then grabbed some necessary rest.


In the morning Nick and I drove upstate to visit my Uncle Chet and Aunt Nancy and my cousins Jason and Amy and her son Kyle. It was really nice to see them, I had not been to their house since I was 12. We had a very tasty lunch at a sweet little cafe (I had a huge turkey and prosciutto panini that was delicious!) and spent some quality time catching up.

We got back Wednesday night and went to a GREAT sushi restaurant with Rico and Monica. I got amazing tuna tartare with a spicy sauce wrapped in crispy wonton cones. I loved it.


Thursday Nick and I walked over five miles exploring the city. We walked from E 82nd to 53rd for amazing Indian food at Tadka Restaurant and then we meandered over to Times Square...Nick and I really enjoyed the fact that they have closed down the streets to cars and it's pedestrian only now. We took some fun pictures there and then headed over to Rockefeller Center. We got some ice cream and took some pictures and then went to the Nintendo store. Nick played some Wii and I got Teenie a Nintendo golf ball hooray :) I also got a cool t-shirt with a green power up mushroom on it, yay!



Then we walked back up to E 82nd through Central Park. It was a gorgeous day and there were a lot of people out, lots of street performers and dancers. We checked out the pond where people rent row boats and also saw a lot of horse carriages and bicycle cabs. Then later that evening we went out with Rico and Monica to a great pub and had good food and great conversation.


Friday we all got in the car and drove down to VA, we all had a wedding to go to. Nick and Rico's old college roommate Adam was getting married to his high school sweetheart, Sarah. I'll post about that soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment