Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Nice Dinner at Home


I made a prime rib roast dinner for the Bencivengas last night :) Grandma Meg and Charlie and Nick's best friend Derek came over too, everyone had a great time. My food was a hit! As you can see, I served prime rib, wilted spinach, corn, garlic bread and scalloped cheesy potatoes. Dessert was the big winner though. I made chocolate panna cotta...everyone was stealing the chocolate as I chopped it up to make the sauce haha, especially Jim and Grandma Meg! I'm in a house of chocolate lovers. Nick caught the picture of Grandma Meg sneaking chocolate, doesn't she look guilty!? haha


We had a really wonderful time sharing dinner together. It was nice to all sit down and talk and laugh and share stories. I'm so happy I got a chance to spend so much time with Nick's family, it's been a fantastic time. Tomorrow we have to go back to DC to pick up our passports and then I return to LA on Saturday. Our cross country trip is complete and my time on the East coast is almost finished...and then our REAL adventure begins!


(PS this is Max sad that he didn't get all the food we did) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment