Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Picnic in the Park


It was another beautiful day today and after a banana and pineapple smoothie Nick and I decided to enjoy the outdoors again. I grabbed my sketchbook, Nick grabbed a book his mom had just mailed to us, and we took our picnic blanket outside. We bought some DELICIOUS toasted sandwiches from "A Twosome Place" - zesty lemon chicken salad and a Reuben on a whole wheat loaf. We also purchased a large water bottle and some baked onion chips and picked out a nice spot in our little park right across the street from our apartment building.


The food was yummy and we spent a few hours hanging out in the sun, amongst the flowering trees. Nick really enjoyed his book. I played with the camera a little bit taking lots of photos of the blooming flowers and worked on sketches for our save-the-dates. I like the idea of making a little painting and having it turned into our invitations. It was inspiring being out in the spring sun and we had a nice, relaxing time.


Around 4 we came back inside and I took a little nap. Then we worked ourselves to the breaking point again with our workout session and I made us some penne with diced tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, mushrooms, and little meatballs. Now I'm just finishing up some grading (we had monthly tests on Thursday and Friday) and we are relaxing some more before our hectic work week begins again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment