Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring is good for the Seoul


Today Nick and I woke up to a glorious, sunshine-filled day. We could barely contain ourselves with our excitement. Spring is here! As you could see from our last post, all the trees were full of blooms and the air was warm and fragrant with the scents of blossoms and fresh grass. We got up, got dressed, and hopped onto the bus to go down to Seoul.


We shared a burrito from Tomatillos for lunch (had to get our Mexican fix!) and then wandered down the major street to check out the outdoor wicker displays that were at the Sejong Cultural Center. They had HUGE wicker statues and sculptures. They were really neat and we had fun photographing them.


The park was set up and new flower beds were put in. Instead of last year's intense floral arrangement with no room to walk in between, they had the park set up with large lawns and then small flower beds bursting with tulips, peonies, daisies and more. It was nice to take off our shoes and roam in the grass barefoot. We stopped at each bed of flowers, taking extreme close ups and practicing with our new camera.


After spending ample time on the lawns we meandered past Gyeongbukgong Palace and went to the gallery district. Nick bought me some gorgeous jewelry for my birthday that is in a few weeks. I felt so pampered. I showed him a place where I liked some of their pieces and he brought me inside and told me to pick out anything I wanted. I got a multi-chain braided necklace with purple Swarovski crystals and a matching bracelet. It was so nice and made me feel so special!! Then, as we were walking back from the first jewelry store, we saw another small place that had funky necklaces and earrings. Nick picked out a pair of purple and blue feather earrings that perfectly matched the dress I was wearing and got those for me too! I felt very loved. :)


The afternoon sun was so nice and we weren't ready to go home quite yet. We entered the Palace grounds to check out their cherry blossoms, which are in full bloom. Nick took some pretty pictures of me sitting in one, wearing my new earrings. After a while just enjoying being outside we decided to head back to Hwajung.


By the time we got back Nick had a serious hankering for a smoothie. We decided to buy ourselves a small blender (like a Magic Bullet) and load up on bananas, strawberries, pineapple, oranges and apples. We sweated through our workout, which was one of the most intense cardio sessions yet, and then I whipped us up some tasty smoothies. Later we had stuffed bell peppers for dinner with some spinach and then our friend came over and we watched a movie. It was a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment