Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Fun Day with the Kindergarten Classes


Here are some pictures from a typical day with a few of my kindergarten classes. I have a homeroom class, which I will post pictures of later on as I get more chances - that class has 9 children and they are all sweet and the smartest of the kindergarten classes. Above is a picture from one of my phonics classes. I am the phonics teacher, so after I teach my homeroom class I go from one kindergarten class to the next and teach them all their phonics lessons for the day. We usually start off with a song or a chant as a warm up and then we do diphthongs and digraph sounds. They have a textbook but I usually come up with extra worksheets and activities to make sure they understand each word. We go over definitions and how to make the sounds and then do some fun activities to tie together the lessons. The kids are pretty good listeners and we have a lot of fun together. Below are some pictures of today when we made masks :) The kids are very creative and LOVE to color and do crafts, which is great because so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment