Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Nick!!!


Happy Birthday indeed! Today is Nick's 24th birthday (25th if you're talking Korean age) and it was a very happy day. My kindergarten class wanted very much to celebrate Nick's birthday - even though Nick has never been their teacher - and so we spent the morning making handmade cards and presents for Nick. I bought a cake and during break time the kids surprised Nick and sang to him. It was very cute.



Nick got dozens of handmade cards from all of his classes, as well as some small presents from his kids and KT. It was a good day. Other than my little cake that my class and I shared with Nick he also got a cake from our directors. It was a fruit cake, topped with tomatoes. Because tomatoes are fruit here. Glazed tomatoes, yum yum yum. It was all fun though.



After work we came home and I made Nick a birthday dinner of spaghetti in a bacon cream sauce with broccoli and peppers. We topped it off with some salad and a nice bottle of wine. I was happy to cook for him :)


I got Nick three traditional wooden masks as well as some boxers that have the Korean won on them...very amusing I must say. Nick also got presents mailed to him from several family members and was really appreciative of everything. It was a really nice little birthday. This weekend we plan on going out with some friends to celebrate some more, but as far as I can tell he couldn't have had too much of a nicer day. Happy Birthday Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment