Friday, September 18, 2009

A Little Birthday Party


Today was my Korean teacher's (or KT's) birthday. She is super sweet and she is an unbelievable help to me with my kindergarten kids - she gets them in their day shoes, unpacks their backpacks, helps me set up art class supplies, disciplines them if they get out of hand during breaktime as well as teach them one of their classes, etc. My kindergarten kiddies and I decided to throw her a surprise party. I bought a cake and we decorated the classroom with decorations we made during our "secret" art class and all my little kiddies made special cards for her. They also brought in gifts from their moms, it was really nice.

During the classtime that she is supposed to teach she walked in to all the kids jumping up from behind their desks yelling, "SURPRISE!" while waving streamers and then we sang her happy birthday and had cake. It was a fun day. I really appreciate all she does to help me with the kids and they love her so, it was nice to celebrate her birthday all together. The kids were also super excited to have cake...luckily it was the last class of their day so I didn't have to deal with 9 sugar filled 5 year olds, hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment