Monday, June 7, 2010

A Visit To School And The Tuna House

It was another very busy day today. My mom came to school and it was an absolute blast! First, we had art class with my Holly kids. We had a special project. We decorated cookies with icing pens, and then, we got to eat our creations! The kids loved it. They had a great time drawing on their cookies and then om-nom-nom-ing them up, haha. They were being extra cute with my mom there. They sang her their favorite song and colored pictures for her to take home. I was so proud of them for not being shy and also for being well-behaved today.


My mom sat through all of my classes and also visited with all of Nick's kids too. She was more than impressed with our children and how comfortable they are with the English language. She really enjoyed meeting them all and seeing how Nick and I spend our days. She was tired by the end of the day - we work long hours, and even just sitting through the classes was exhausting. It was a lot of fun to have her there and see how we work.

My dad met us at school when our day was over and the four of us went to Hongdae to grab some all-you-can-eat tuna for my dad's birthday dinner. Phil and Daren were out hiking today near Gupabal and decided against coming with us to the tuna house. I felt so lucky to be able to spend his birthday with him - even though his birthday is tomorrow, we are celebrating on both days, haha. My mom was a trooper and tried lots of things that aren't usually on her menu. My dad was excited to try so many different types of tuna. He was happy that they didn't serve us eyeballs, though. It was fun introducing them to new things. They both really enjoyed the blow torched tuna, and my dad especially liked the cuts of bluefin belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment