Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's Cold So We Are Doing Nothing

This week it has been ridiculously cold. -6 degrees Fahrenheit cold...where is the gorgeous hot Thai sun we had just two weeks ago?? Of course, the cold has gotten to me and I have a sinus infection. Nick is still feeling well, lucky him. I went to the doctor and they gave me a plethora of medication and a shot in my rear to make me feel better.



We've hardly ventured out since we've returned to Korea...we've stayed mostly in Hwajung, only baring the cold to go to work and get groceries. Our apartment is still toasty and comfortable. We've been watching movies with friends and basically just cuddling to stay warm, haha. We have a new teacher at our school and he seems to be very nice, we are happy to have a new friend. We have shown him around town a little since his arrival and we plan on doing more once the weather gets a wee bit warmer.

School is good, this upcoming week is going to be very very busy...we have report cards due again and another round of monthly tests. My kindergarten kiddies are writing RESEARCH PAPERS in their writing class on animals, and I have been helping them gather information for their papers. They will write two pages and create a mobile of information to put up in the classroom. I'm constantly impressed with how advanced they all are. We had 9 perfect scores on last month's tests...perfect scores in every subject! I am so proud of them!!! My KT and I gave them a pizza party on Thursday for their hard work. Nick's children are as cute as ever. They have been reading a story called "Pignic" where pigs have a picnic. They had their own "pignic" where Nick got a bunch of snacks for them all and they drew their favorite foods on pig cut-outs that I drew for them. Nick took some super adorable pictures of them with their food in their mouths, making silly faces. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment