Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stuffed Bell Peppers = MMMM


Tonight I wanted to make a nice dinner for Nick. I decided upon stuffed bell peppers with garlicky mashed sweet potatoes. I hollowed out the peppers and boiled them for 4 minutes to keep them firm but really lock in the flavor. I used mushrooms, onion, garlic, diced carrot and ground beef for the filling, all simmered in a mushroom wine sauce. I've been really happy that Nick has started enjoying mushrooms and that I can use them more liberally in my meals. I then poured the meat filling into the peppers and stuck them in my toaster oven to make them have a slight crisp to the outside. With the mashed sweet potatoes surrounding the peppers on the plates they looked like little volcanoes of deliciousness, especially since I poured all the extra filling and sauce all over the top of the dishes. Nick was most pleased, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment