Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Very Busy Week...


Whew, what a week! We are very happy to have reached the weekend. School was insanely busy with monthly tests, grades to fill in and comments to write for all of our students. Throw in TWELVE birthday parties in the prekinder and kinder classes and it was pretty much nonstop work. Two of my kinder kiddies turned 7 this week so we had a nice party in our classroom. They have gotten so big since I started teaching them! Most of them have holey smiles due to multiple lost teeth and they've all gotten so much taller than the mini-munchkins I first met back in July! I made glittery birthday cards (with all the glitter my mom sent me from home!) for all of the kinder kids turning 7 and gave them stickers or small treats. The kids' parents brought in oodles of cake, cola, pizzas, fried chicken and snacks too...so we had sugar fueled students for a while. Below is my new favorite group photo of my kids - they are just too cute.


Today Nick and I went up to Ilsan since the weather has finally warmed up some and found a great soup house where we sipped on spare rib glass noodle soup and also chicken dumpling egg drop soup with seaweed. Yum yum. Afterward we had a tasty chocolate waffle and window shopped for a bit. Then we came home and watched a movie and lazed about, mostly just recuperating from the busy week. Tomorrow we'll do our errands and maybe venture into Insadong to check out the galleries, but we're keeping it relaxed this weekend. We are almost in disbelief at the fact that we've lived here six months now - Nick's six month mark is on the 25th, mine is five days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment